Kinesiology Tape / Rock Tape®
What is Rock Tape?
RockTape is a premium brand of kinesiology tape used to prevent and treat injuries and pain. RockTape is stickier, stretchier and superior to other kinesiology tapes. It can be used to treat sports and non-sports injuries, including shin splints, plantar fasciitis, runner’s knee and back pain.
Key Benefits Of Using RockTape:
- Decreases pain in joints and muscles
- Reduces swelling and bruising
- Provides functional support while allowing full range of movement
- Improves posture
- Delays muscle fatigue
- Hypoallergenic – no zinc oxide or latex
- Water resistant – can be worn for up to 5 days
How Does RockTape Work?
RockTape microscopically lifts the skin away from the muscle and fascia below. This decompresses the tissue immediately below the skin. This has three main effects:
- Fluid effect – improving blood and lymphatic flow in the taped area
- Mechanical effect – improving the slide and glide between tissue layers
- Neurological effect – altering the perception of pain and improving body awareness
RockTape turns down the volume on pain. RockTape on the skin can interfere with painful signals which are directed to the brain. When the signals arriving to the brain are altered, it does not produce the sensation of pain.
RockTape normalizes muscle tone. When you are injured, and your muscles become atrophied, RockTape helps bring dormant muscles back to life. It also helps calm down the overactive muscles, to eliminate compensations. It helps your body coordinate movement as if it weren’t hurt, allowing it to heal properly.
Unlike some other kinesiology tapes made for rehabilitation, RockTape is designed to meet the demands of athletes.